How apt... Aunt Rose used to tell me, if you can't beat them, join them... but instinctively, I don't want to stoop to a level which I personally feel lacks accountability. You don't jump into the deep end just because everyone else does so, do you? On the contrary, you do what you can, to the best of your ability and within the parameters of your control and failing which i.e. if things are back to square one, what do you do?
Its so much easier to jump ship coz some people are undeserving or unworthy of your dedication to work, your integrity to giving the best and professionalism in ensuring quality work gets done within timeframe and budget. Coz the more you stay on to seemingly steer the ship and brave the wind, you are in an unhealthy environment that will reel you in and eat you up ultimately... I admit, that was a rant (sorry, folks). All I can say is the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy... Have faith and things will turn out fine...
Against the wind, older, but no wiser.
I still find myself inextricably running against the wind.
Whilst it could have been easier rowing with the tide.
Something within me beckons! "Do it otherwise! "
Defying instincts, & rejecting the norms.
Living my Life on its edge, I refuse to conform.
Perhaps one day when my time is done.
Laid down to oblivion, my life has just begun!Poem inspired from Takalah Tan
No comments:
Post a Comment